Composition : MINOXIDIL SOL. 5% (PG BASE) (SOLUTION)
In order to promote hair growth, minoxidil solution and foam are used to treat male pattern baldness. It is not utilized to treat male receding hairlines or frontal balding. Women with thinning hair can use the foam in combination with a 2 per cent minoxidil solution to promote hair growth. The group of medications known as vasodilators includes minoxidil. How minoxidil promotes hair growth is unknown. Hair loss after childbirth, rapid or uneven hair loss or hair loss without apparent cause (for instance, if there is no family history of the condition) are not treated with this medicine. If you are 18 years of age or younger, do not use this product.
How to use MINOXIDIL SOL. 5% (PG BASE) (SOLUTION)
Before using this product, read and abide by all instructions on the product packaging. Ask your physician or pharmacist if you have any queries.
- Before using the drug, thoroughly clean and dry the scalp area. You can use damp hair to apply this product. To use the solution, add 20 drops or 1 milliliter of medication to the applicator (up to the 1-milliliter line). Apply the solution evenly to the affected area of the scalp by parting your hair in the area where it is thinning. Rub in gently. Before applying additional styling products (such as gels or mousse) or before retiring to bed, let the solution completely dry.
- Rinse your hands in cold water and pat them dry before applying the foam. Rub the foam into the scalp using about half a capful. Before styling or going to bed, let the foam completely dry.
- Avoid using minoxidil on the days that you get your hair colored or chemically treated if scalp irritation is a problem (for example, permed).
This drug can occasionally absorb through the skin and have negative side effects. If you experience any serious side effects, such as unwelcome facial or body hair, dizziness, fast or irregular heartbeat, fainting, chest pain, swelling of the hands or feet, unusual weight gain, fatigue, or difficulty breathing, particularly when lying down, stop using this medication and notify your doctor right away.
Rarely will this medication cause a very serious allergic reaction. However, if you experience any major adverse reaction symptoms, such as a rash, itching or swelling (particularly of the face, tongue, or throat), severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention right away.
The list of potential negative effects is not exhaustive. Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any other side effects not covered above.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have any allergies before using minoxidil, in addition to any other allergies you may have. Inactive chemicals in this product have the potential to trigger allergic reactions or other issues. To learn more, speak with your pharmacist.
- Before taking this product, speak to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any of the following health issues: illnesses of the heart (such as chest pain, heart attack, and heart failure), kidney disease, liver disease, diseases of the scalp (such as eczema, infection, wounds).
- This product should only be used during pregnancy if absolutely necessary. Describe the advantages and disadvantages to your doctor.
- It is unknown if this medication enters breast milk. Before breastfeeding, speak with your doctor.